27 June 2012

Wedding Wednesday: A Rococo Fantasy



























A chateau in the Loire Valley in France was the setting for this exquisite Rococo-inspired wedding. I'm just swooning, looking at these amazing images! Marie Antoinette would surely have enjoyed this fete.

Fireworks celebrated the couple's union. What a dazzling affair it must have been! The bride's beautiful gown was by the designer who costumed Michelle Pfieffer in the film Dangerous Liaisons. Photography for the wedding was done by Shawn Connell of the Christian Oth Studio.

I daydreamed of having such a wedding, when I was a teenager. After seeing Madonna's unforgettable performance of the song Vogue for the 1990 MTV video music awards, I was entranced by Rococo-era costumes. I spent many hours researching the period, and then drawing my ideal wedding gown. I think that may have been what made me want to design costumes for theatre. Oh, what a long time ago that was! I still love the drama of fashion, and I'm sure I always will.

{all images found here}

2 comments:

Laurie Eno said...

Love, love, love, love, love. You knew I would comment on this one, right?!

:) Thanks for sharing this loveliness. It's beyond the beyond!

lamb and blonde said...

Yes, I had a feeling you might enjoy this post. It's always good to hear from you, Laurie! :)