24 April 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Shoes for Something Blue











I'm sure that most of you have heard the traditional bridal mantra about having "something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue". 

A lovely trend for the bride's "something blue" is to wear blue shoes on her wedding day. Personally, my favourite blue-hued shoe is the bottom image, the light blue jewelled Manolo Blahnik open-toes heels. The deeper blues, from cobalt to indigo, are all gorgeous, as well. Such hues look incredibly striking in contrast with a white wedding gown.

What do you think? Would you wear blue shoes, as a bride? Did you have something blue on your wedding day?


{image sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the contrast and surprise of blue shoes under the white dresses, especially the chic navy polka dot, and the ankle strapped shoes look especially coquettish.

I had a civil ceremony and then a church ceremony on the day after. At the civil, I wore red-soled shoes, and a ring with a blue stone. At the church ceremony I wore a Jimmy Choo couture heels, with a blue ribbon through lace in hiding! I love the trend of blue shoes.