06 December 2013

Fab Frock Friday | Then & Now 2





Years ago, I swooned over this floral bow-backed wedding gown in Martha Stewart Weddings magazine. The image was etched indelibly into my mind. Luckily, I had kept that issue of the magazine (back when I had a collection of hundreds of magazines! --which I had to get rid of, before moving to Australia--still breaks my heart to think of them all being gone from my life...) Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes. The dress. I scanned the image, before moving to Oz, and I'm so glad that I did, because I finally found the inspiration for it! Clearly, this wedding gown was inspired by another similar style created by Christian Dior in 1947, as you can see. The puzzle piece fits. I love it!

{image 1 scanned from Martha Weddings magazine;
image 2 found here}

No comments: